View, compare, book
Northern Territory Travel and Tours
Territory Expeditions - 5 day 4WD Kakadu (5KA)
If you wish to book more than one standby deal, you will be given the chance to go back and view others after adding this booking to your bookings cart.
|Tours (rates in AU$)|
| For inclusions place mouse over price |
|The price quoted on the departure date for ''more than a day'' tours covers all days of the tour.|
Tuesdays (Jul - Aug)
Pick up from Darwin city hostels/hotels
Excellent level of fitness is required.
Young, Fit and Adventurous.
(Recommended 18-45 years, however those older than this range can be taken into consideration.)
HIGH LEVEL OF FITNESS REQUIRED.
This tour is designed for the fit and active adventure.
Day 1 - Kakadu
• Pick up from accommodation approx 7.30am
• Drive to Kakadu via the old Jim Jim road stopping off at white lily billabong for a stretch and some morning tea.
• Then its off to Gunlom, there is a walk to the top of the waterfall for a swim in the refreshing pools and a great lookout, there is also a beach at the base of the falls that leads to a large plunge pool.
• Tonight we camp at Gunlom by the waterfall, Showers and toilets are available.
Day 2 – Kakadu
• Today we could spend the day exploring Koolpin Gorge, this is a restricted area that we have a special permit to enter. This is one of my personal favourite spots in Kakadu.
• Camp Gunlom, showers and toilets, dinner cooked on the campfire.
Day 3 - Kakadu
• This morning we drive north to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) there is a 1km walk through paperbark forests that lead us to a beautiful plunge pool that is both cool and safe to swim in.
• Afternoon we make our way further north to Jim Jim Falls.
Day 4– Kakadu
• Today we visit the iconic Jim Jim falls and Twin falls.
• We start with an early morning cruise up to Twin falls, with towering cliffs and deep water the colours are fantastic, but no swimming here.
• The walk into Jim Jim falls is rewarded with a cool relaxing swim in a plunge pool surrounded by cliffs.
• A great way to finish the day is a 2hr Sunset cruise on the famous Yellow Waters.
• Tonight we Camp at Mardugal, Showers and toilets available.
Day 5 - Kakadu
• This morning we visit Nourlangie Rock, an ancient aboriginal occupational and art site, here we can explore these sites before walking up to Gunwhardewharde lookout for an exceptional view of this region.
• We then stop off to visit Bowali information centre.
• As we make are way back to Darwin we will call in to the Mamakala wetlands to see the incredible bird life viewed from a platform over the billabong.
• Returning to Darwin 6:30pm approx
Itinerary may be done in reverse at Guides discretion.
All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, national park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners. All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.
All food and water, tents and swags, transportation, tour guide, wildlife cruise, camp fees & national park entry fee.
All inclusive, no more to pay
Sleeping bag hire (optional)
High - excellent level of fitness is required
What To Bring
Good walking shoes or boots.
A wide brimmed sun hat
Long sleeve light shirt for sun protection
1 litre water bottle for drinking
Swimming costume and a towel
Light comfortable clothing
A jacket (mainly for June, July and August nights)
Medication and other personal requirements
A sense of humour
Sleeping bag (can be hired for $10, please advise when booking)
Luggage is strictly restric
Not suitable for children
Minimum age 18
© Copyright 2018 ntstandby.com.au